Monday, September 19, 2016

I love custom requests!!!

For those of you that have been following me for a while, I'm sure you've noticed how much I love creating new things!

This little flower shop means more to me than just a means to provide for me and my two boys. It's a chance to challenge myself with each and every flower I make! It's a chance to do something I've loved doing ever since I was a child!

Here's a back story I'd love to share!

When I was in 4th grade our teacher handed out a picture of "The Lion King" for everyone to color. It was a color contest that the local grocery store was having. Well I took that picture home.. got out my crayons.. and colored the lions, and drew a matching landscape complete with moutains and terrain.. a beautiful sunset.. and rivers... I had this habit when it came to coloring.. I always had to cover the entire page! I was so proud when I turned in my beautiful artwork the  next day! And after seeing what everyone else made, I just knew I had to win!... I got my paper back the next week with a 0 on it for a grade and a note from the teacher telling me it wasn't right to cheat and that parents are not alowed to do the work for us. So I was disqualified!... I cried for days. If ever a teacher could break a students heart.. that teacher definitely did.

And now more then 20 years later I'm finally able to share my love for art again. The spark in me has never died!!

That is why I love custom requests! Here is a picture of a beautiful trellis I made for one of my readers! I'd like to say thankyou to her for giving me a chance to create something new! And if your reading this..I hope you like it! :)



So please by all means, if anyone has a new idea for a flower, or project you'd like me to take a shot at! Let me know! I'm all ears! And ready for the many wonderful challenges I hope to accomplish in my future!!

I've got big dreams for this little flower shop of mine! Stick around and tag along for this amazing journey with me!! It could be something big one day! *crosses fingers* *hopes*

Have a great day guys!

 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment